Say it isn’t so, summer is coming to an end. Even though this has been a very strange summer and actually the year I will miss our delicious farm to table food. Honestly, nothing speaks summer to me more than zucchinis. I love zucchini fries, zucchini and eggs, zucchini blossoms and the list goes on and on. If you think about it zucchini is such a versatile vegetable. They even star in delicious bread and muffins. I believe summer’s gift to us foodies is zucchini.
Just about every time I go shopping for this delicious vegetable I state zucchini are squash but not all squash are zucchini.
Today I’m sharing with you love a simple zucchini fritter recipe. For the most part, these little fritters are healthy and very easy to make.
- Start off by grating one to two zucchini depending on their size using your box grater. I used the large and medium-size hole sides. You are going to want to take a towel or cheesecloth and ring out most of the wetness. Zucchini can be really wet and too much moisture can ruin your fritters.
- To the zucchini add in your panko, grating cheese, chopped garlic, eggs. salt and pepper. Stir all ingredients together and you have your mixture. Nice and easy!
- Start getting your skillet nice and hot by adding 2 tbsp of oil. Please do not do what I did by not paying attention and adding too much oil to the pan.
- Next, I scooped about two tablespoons in my hand and I shaped them into patties. You can also plop the spoonful right into the skillet.
- Fry them until they are golden brown on one side for about 5 minutes and then flip over for an additional 4 minutes.
- Drain them on a paper towel and dust them with a little extra grating cheese.
These little guys have become a family favorite of ours. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.