Ever since COVID hit us I’ve been finding myself making trips to Aldi’s. Aldi’s has some major cool fines that you would never find in your local grocery store. I wish I would have shopped here a long time ago, I can’t imagine what I probably have been missing.
My frequent shopping trips always have me wandering down the isles even if I’m there just for paper towels. Guys let me tell you, I personally feel that Aldi’s paper towels are the best, just as good as Bounty. They are very sturdy and will quickly absorb any spills. I highly recommend giving them a shot.
For the last two weeks, I’ve been seeing Contessa Cutting Board Meal Kits popping up in the freezer section. Each time there are usually only a few left so I knew this was going to be a good fine and for only $9.99 this would be a perfect at-home lunch date for JC and me.
The kit is enough to feed a family of two. All cooking ingredients come in the package and you only need to have a few extra items on hand (bowl, baking sheet, cutting board, and knife/pizza cutter). This particular kit came with 4 flatbreads, sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, shredded cheese, chicken, quarter pineapple spears, and a medley of bacon, red and green onions.
- Make sure you keep the kit frozen until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and while the oven is preheating start defrosting the sweet and spicy BBQ sauce in a bowl of warm water. This should take about 5 minutes to thaw.
- When the oven reaches 400 degrees, start assembling your flatbread pizzas.
- Spread sauce all over each of the four flatbreads
- Next, add the shredded cheese
- Followed by the chicken
- Top the chicken with 4 pineapple chunks and the melody of bacon, red and green onions.
I wish they would have given us more pineapple chunks. I love pineapple on my flatbread.
In less than 30 minutes from start to finish, you have a very filling lunch. If you would make this for dinner I would probably serve this with a side salad. Add on a crisp white wine such as a Pinot Grigio, Sangria, or a refreshing light beer, sit out on the deck, and watch the sunset. This was the perfect at-home lunch date to end the week.